Our Vision and ValuesIn this section...
To be an outstanding primary school which is the school of choice for the local community producing well balanced, ambitious and principled children, primed for the challenges ahead.
At Barrow Hedges we believe that there is no limit to what our pupils can achieve. We nurture the potential talents of all our pupils. Through high achievement and a love of learning, our pupils leave us ready to make a valued contribution to society.
Our Core Values
Our Guiding Principles
- To develop well balanced children who have a broad range of experiences, a thirst for learning and are well prepared for the next step of their journey.
- Our children will demonstrate resilience, adaptability and preparedness to take risks.
- Our children will have a strong moral compass with a positive attitude towards others.
- We will provide a high quality, coherent, broad and balanced curriculum for 3 to 11 year olds which is delivered and supported by outstanding teaching and wider opportunities.
- We have high aspirations for all of our children.
- We seek to be first class with excellent leadership, well qualified and knowledgeable staff who are committed to improvement.
- We strive to provide a stimulating, nurturing environment in which to learn, work and play safely.
- We see parents, carers and others in the local community as integral to the life of the school and will seek to involve them as much as possible in our work.
- We will ensure that our resources are managed efficiently and deployed where they give maximum benefit to the children.